Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby Braylon Update From His Tests!!!!

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of Braylon! Grandpa Smith caught this on his camera phone when he and Grandma were babysitting!

Well this week has been an interesting one! Steve and I got a phone call from Braylon's doctor on Tues. They found a trait of anemia in his blood tests and wanted to further research it. I had to take him to Cooks Childrens Hospital in Fort Worth for them to do more testing on him. Dr Wallace called this morning and said that the test confirmed he does have Thalassemia Anemia aka Barts Anemia. We have to meet with a Hemotolgy specialist next week to go over it more and detail. Basically the blessing in all of this, is that Braylon does not need to have a blood transfussion and it is a type that can be monitored!!! Were NOT thrilled that he has anemia but the we ARE glad it is this type, b/c there are over 200 different types and some are life threatening! So we will get more details next week when we speak to the specialist!

Well Braylon spent his first night away from mom and dad! Grandma and Grandpa Smith offered to keep him for the night! Steve went to the Cowboy game at the new Stadium and I stayed at a hotel with Aunt Lani and Uncle Dennis and we all went to our good friend Linh's bday party! It was hard dropping him off b/c I missed him instantly, I knew he was in good hands though. I called mom maybe and hour after I dropped him off and she reassured me, told me not to worry and just to have a good time! I didn't realize how hard it is to be away from a child you get so attached to! Steve felt the same way, he missed Braylon so much amd couldn't wait till Sunday when we got home!!! I guess we have both become those crazy parents.....so much in love with their kiddo!!!
MOM AND DAD THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING CARE OF OUR LITTLE GUY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment